Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Diets

Diets are on again and off again.  Which ones work, which ones don't!  One of the most popular New Year's resolutions is to lose weight and get more healthy.  I have come to the conclusion that a diet is only what you make of it.

What works for one person may not work for another.  The way I lost weight last year was to avoid things that were white, like bread, potatoes, and rice.  I try to include more fruits and veggies and I have a cheat day so that I don't fill like I am punishing myself.  The next step is to try to work in some kind of exercise program.  Last year I was able to walk about a mile and a half a day.  I am not sure how much walking I will be able to do this year because I have been having a problem with my foot.  I may have to find some other form of exercise.  My son has a real nice weight machine, I may try to work out on it two or three times a week.  I have read that women my age should weight train regularly to help build bone density to avoid osteoporosis.

I wish you luck if you are trying to lose weight and get in better health.  Let's make 2012 a healthier year for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment