Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chicken Stir Fry

Since my husband and I are trying to lose a little weight I thought I would add some of the ways that we cut down on what we eat.  This is one of my quick and easy stir fry recipes.  If you have a rice cooker start your rice first then prepare your veggies.  One of the ways we cut calories is to us brown rice.  If I am in a hurry I use quick rice fixed in the microwave.  I also sometimes use a frozen stir fry veggie mix.

1 bell pepper (any color)
1 or 2 large carrots, chopped
2 boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
3 cups rice
1 1/2 tablespoon of Yoshida's gourmet sauce or you favorite sauce
1 cup onion cut into strips.

When preparation is done, in a large Wok or frying pan, combine the pepper, carrot, chicken, sauce and the onions.
Let this cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't let it cook too long; check your vegetable to see that they are still crunchy. Serve when chicken is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment