Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

My oh my!!

I cook a lot of venison.  I have cooked it in every way you can think and today I found a new way.  I was looking for a way to cook dinner while I was in my deer stand hunting.  I had a pack of venison cubed steak thawing and I got this idea to put it in a cook in bag.  So I sprinkled a little meat tenderizer on it, put it in the bag, mixed a can of mushroom soup and a half can of water, and poured it in the bag.  I put it in the oven at three o'clock and set it on 300, when I came back from the stand at six, WOW!!!  The venison was so tender it would melt in your mouth.  I took a pack of yellow squash that I had in the freezer and added a can of tomato & okra cooked until tender.   I also used a box of dressing mix and made quick dressing.  What a dinner, and it was easy to fix; and the main course was cooked while I was looking for more venison.  I hope that you try some of my recipes and enjoy them the way my family does.

No comments:

Post a Comment