Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Passing On

Authored by Leandro Delgado

My sweet little Labrador retriever that I’ve had for the past 10 years passed awaylast Saturday. That dog meant the world to me, and I cannot believe that she’s actually gone. Labs a lot of times will get bad hips, and then need to be put down. This is actually what happened to my Rosie.

I have to say, I don’t think it will be long before I get a new dog. I loved Rosie so much and want to respect her life by not going out the second she passes and get a new dog, but I think that I’m going to have to get one sooner rather than later. She was my buddy, and also made me feel safe about living alone.

Right before I had to put her down, I went to Securitychoice.COM/ to feel safe about living without a dog and without a roommate. I also used to love going on runs with her, so I feel like I’ll get another big dog. I miss my Rosie, but will honor her memory by naming my next dog the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment