Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pear Bread

We have several pear trees in our food plots, so I decided that I would make some pear preservers and some pear bread.  I started out with the preserves which turned into some really good syrup!!  After you put it in the fridge it has the jam or honey consistency but taste really good.  The bread what a laugh!  I jotted the recipe down off the internet and made some adjustments on it to accommodate the items I had on hand.  But somehow I missed the line that read this MAKES TWO.  So therefore I had dough bubbling out of my pan and running all in my oven!  The bread turned out great!  Oven a mess but bread awesome.  I'll share with you the recipe as I made it but please make yourself a note that it makes two loafs or one loaf and some cupcakes, or prepare to clean your oven.

Pear Bread

3  cups self rising flour
3  eggs
3/4 cup oil
2  cups sugar
2  cups chopped pears
1  cup chopped pecans(optional)
2  teaspoons vanilla
1  tablespoon cinnamon

Combine ingredients and pour into loaf pan (remember It makes two) and bake at 325 degree's for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment